Friday, April 15, 2011

Breathe Linsey. You Can Do This.

I am in a bit of a tussle.
Actually, an internal panic.
Freaking out to be precise.
I have just come to the actual realization that I am a Student Body Officer for the next year.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
I don't know what to do.
I don't know how to plan such big events.
The SBOs before me are absolutely outstanding.
You could not ask for a better group of kids.
Now, I am asked to step up to the plate,
and fill their shoes?
Holy fancy moses.
I cannot tell whether this is mere excitement or anxiety,
but one thing is for sure.
I am going to need Heavenly Father for this one.
I am definitely going to need his help.
And the more I think about it,
laying in my bed at 1:30 in the morning,
I am ready.
I can do this.
I will make this next year, the best EVER for the students of American Fork High.
Yes, I can do this.
But there is so much to take on.
So many things to get done.
Am I capable of this?
Did they pick the right girl?

I feel like Rapunzel right now, right after she left the castle.
She did it.
She accomplished her dream of leaving he tower.
(I tackled my dream of become an SBO)
But once the actual realization of what her decision actually brings,
she begins to panic about what is in store for her.
(Does this sound like anyone?)
Here is the actual clip:


The difference between us is:
She is having an internal conflict of destroying her mother's feelings or not.
I am having completely bipolar thoughts on whether I can live up to my full potential as an SBO or not.

So I will pray.
I will have Heavenly Father strengthen me.
I know I can do this.
I can.
If I couldn't, wouldn't they have not placed me in this council?
All the current SBO's believe in me.
The problem is believing in myself.
Normal teenage girl stuff right?
I just... want this next year to be perfect.
I want this next year of 2011 - 2012 to have the best experience possible.
My excitement comes from knowing that I get to plan that.
I am a main source of help.
And I can't wait.
I want to start tomorrow.
I want to prove I can do it.
Not only to others around me, but to myself.
Heavenly Father has a plan for me.
He put me in this position for a reason.
There are so many things I am willing to learn.
That he wants me to learn.
Now, I just have to live up to this.
The more and more I write on this post,
The more I am beaming with excitement and readiness.
BAAHHHHHH.
I am ready.
Bring it on.
Ok, venting is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment