Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ohh, My My My.

Once upon a time there was a girl named Taylor Swift.
She is a small town girl with a big talent.
This talent is the ability to sing my life.
It is a super neat thing.
And for this,
I love her dearly.

When it comes to my music,
I only listen to songs that relate to my life at that time.
Hence, my reason for my STRONG dislike of rap music.
It has zero reference to my everyday life.
Luckily, I have Miss Swift on my side.
She understands me.

One song that I have always been touched by is....

Mary's Song (Oh My My My)

Genius.
The one word I have to describe this with.
So here are the lyrics. 
And translations to relate to my life with
the one and only, my Elder.



She said, I was seven and you were nine
Correction: I said. And yes that is the exact age difference.
I looked at you like the stars that shined
Correction: My super secret crush. Those boys were my dream.
In the sky, the pretty lights
And our daddies used to joke about the two of us
Growing up and falling in love and our mamas smiled
And rolled their eyes and said oh my my my
Correction: I was always teased about marrying one of my brother's friends. I never really minded it actually.
Took me back to the house in the backyard tree
Said you'd beat me up, you were bigger than me
You never did, you never did
Correction: False. I was tortured.
Took me back when our world was one block wide
I dared you to kiss me and ran when you tried
Just two kids, you and I...
Oh my my my my
Correction: Oh, the good old days. How I miss you so.
I was sixteen when suddenly
I wasn't that little girl you used to see
Correction: Probably my favorite line. I had to remind my Elder constantly that I wasn't a little girl anymore. I am a woman, 
thank you very much. 
But your eyes still shined like pretty lights
Correction: I maybe a woman now, 
but my love for him never ceased for a moment.
And our daddies used to joke about the two of us
They never believed we'd really fall in love
Correction: This is true. No one ever thought I would be in love with my dearest Elder. 
And our mamas smiled and rolled their eyes
And said oh my my my...
Took me back to the creek beds we turned up
Two A.M. riding in your truck and all I need is you next to me
Correction: This whole 2 a.m. business turns out to be true. Shhhh... We were young and in love. 
Of course sneaking out was implied. 
 Took me back to the time we had our very first fight
The slamming of doors instead of kissing goodnight
You stayed outside til the morning light
Oh my my my my
Correction: How badly do I wish this happened? Very. We never fought. Time was too precious to spend fighting or bickering.
A few years had gone and come around
Correction: Our relationship right now. He's on a mission, I am finishing high school.
We were sitting at our favorite spot in town
And you looked at me, got down on one knee
Took me back to the time we walked down the aisle
Our whole town came and our mamas cried
You said I do and I did too
Took me home were we met so many years before
We'll rock our babies on that very front porch
After all this time, you and I
Correction: Our possible future. Forever and ever.
I'll be eighty-seven; you'll be eighty-nine
I'll still look at you like the stars that shine
In the sky, oh my my my...
Correction: The perfect way to end a perfect life. I would love nothing more than to be that old couple that is more in love than ever. I want to be a giddy little teenager everytime I see my husband. I know I could have that feeling forever with my Elder. 
21 more months. Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment