Saturday, February 5, 2011

Updates:

Letter: 
This most valuable piece of paper and writing is still not to be seen or heard of.
I think it is lost in the mail. 
Or small guatemalan man stole it. 
There is the other alternative. 
My Elder simple never wrote one. 
He is on a mission. He is busy. 
Maybe... Just maybe... he doesn't care anymore. 
He is just so focused and doesn't want to deal with anything back home. 
He wants to act like we never happened.
 Ahhh, Knife to the Heart.
I don't know. I don't know what to think. 
But one thing I do know.
 If this letter isn't here in the next week, I am going to lost all hope. 

The Boys: 
These fine young men as still my best friends.
 I spent this dear Friday night with the youngsters and I had the time of my life. 
They are the greatest people. Thank you for being in my life.

Mr. D: 
I have a date with this young lad later this evening. 
We will have to see where this goes. 
I am scared. 
I am scared to let go of Elder and move on.
 But I need to stop fretting about something that hasn't even happened yet.
 Breathe Linsey, everything is going to be alright.

Music: 
Some of the Favorite Songs.

Photographs and Memories - Jason Reeves

When Life Was Good - Jason Reeves

Wishing Weed - Jason Reeves

Always - Peter Bradley Adams

Right Here Waiting - Richard Marx

The Pieces Don't Fit Anymore - James Morrison

Elder :
I don't know what to do. I can't let go.
 I am scared to be with someone else. 
What if that makes me forget my Elder? 
I am already starting to forget his face, his voice, his touch. 
He was my last real kiss.  
But everyday my memories of him are fading more and more dim. 
Other than my Savior, I have never clung to someone so tightly. 
I refuse to forget Elder. 
No way, No how. 
But.. By doing this, I am not fully living my life.
 I am living in the past. 
And I am unhappy.
 I wish I knew how to let go. 
I can't... I just can't.

School:
I hate you. 
I would sell my kidneys and liver for
Summer to come this very instant.
Ya, thats right.
I do not like you. 
At all.

Brother:
Joshy Boy is doing better than ever.
He is loving the mission
and sharing this true gospel.
I am so proud of him.


3 comments:

  1. Dearest Linsey,
    I just want to let you know that everything will work out. As for your Elder. Think of it this way; he's on a mission, and he's serving the Lord with all his might, mind and strength. You're there to support him. Don't stop writing him letters. He loves getting them, and he loves reading them. As for you not getting letters in return.. well. That's because missionaries only have a small portion of time alloted to them every week to write. He must spend that time writing his family. Also. He's on his mission, be glad at the fact that he may not be thinking about you. He's got his mind out of this world, and his heart is in the right place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally feel your pain! Not getting letters is so hard :( My boyfriend has been out on his mission for almost 15 months, and just recently decided to stop writing letters so he can be 100% focused :/ But don't give up hope! I'm sure a letter will be on it's way as soon as possible :) It always feels like forever waiting for them to come, but it's always so worth it when they do, right? And as far as dating goes, oh goodness, it's hard, but so good to do! I spent the first year totally not dating, not flirting, and I've realized how seriously horrible those flirting skills have become, haha! So it's good to flirt, have fun, and before you know it, he'll be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linsey,
    We've never met but I work with Peter Bradley Adams. I can relate to your posts and am glad you enjoy Peter's wonderful songs. Please stop by our website (www.misharamusic.com/freesongs.html) as Peter-along with some amazing other singer-songwriters, would love to gift you with some free songs. No strings attached, though perhaps if you enjoy them, you'll repost for others.
    Regards,
    Linda Baker
    Mishara Music

    ReplyDelete