Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Quotes

I love quotes.
They are inspirational and help me in my everyday life.
I search for new ones constantly.
Especially, Conference Talks.
The apostles and prophets writing is true.
I know this.
Here are a few of my favorites:


"There is a divine purpose in the adversities we encounter every day. They prepare, they purge, they purify, and thus they bless."
--James E. Faust, "The Refiner's Fire," Ensign, May 1979, 53
I have heard people's testimony bearing the knowledge that trials are blessings. That they help us grow and learn. But lets be honest... Nobody is thinking that while in the process of the hard time. I know the person experiencing the trial is heartbroken and struggling inside. Isn't it crazy that through this time we go from complete misery to eternal bliss? This is why Heavenly Father has given us these hardships. This is how we grow. This is how we are humbled and become more like our savior. This is how we become Gods and Goddesses. When you think it through that pattern, you fully understand that trials are blessings in the eternal perspective.

"No matter what circumstances you sisters experience, your influence can be marvelously far-reaching. I believe some of you have a tendency to underestimate your profound capacity for blessing the lives of others. More often than not, it is not on the stage with some public pronouncement but in your example of righteousness and the countless gentle acts of love and kindness done so willingly, so often on a one-to-one basis."
--James E. Faust, "You Are All Heaven Sent," Ensign, Nov. 2002, 110
This year in U.S. History, we learned about woman's rights. It boggles my mind that women were once not treated as equally as men. We were beneath them. It makes me furious and sick. This quote reassures me that Heavenly Father sees all of us as equals and loves us all the same.


"...the strait and narrow path, though clearly marked, is a path, not a freeway nor an escalator. Indeed, there are times when the only way the strait and narrow path can be followed is on one's knees!"
--Neal A. Maxwell, "A Brother Offended," Ensign, May 1982, 37
This says it all. To make it through this life we need our Heavenly Father's and Savior's support. When you feel their love, that is when you know you can push through and endure.

At the heart of the message of the Savior of the world is a single, glorious, wonderful, still largely untried concept. In its simplest terms the message is that we should seek to overcome the selfishness we all seem to be born with, that we should overcome human nature and think of others before self."
--James E. Faust, "A Pattern of Love," Ensign, Dec. 1999, 2
Service. Helping and loving another brings true happiness. I believe that it takes a full life time to even come close to mastering this concept. Selflessness -- a life long goal.

"I think [forgiveness] may be the greatest virtue on earth, and certainly the most needed. There is so much of meanness and abuse, of intolerance and hatred. There is so great a need for repentance and forgiveness. It is the great principle emphasized in all of scripture, both ancient and modern. Somehow forgiveness, with love and tolerance, accomplishes miracles that can happen in no other way."
--Gordon B. Hinckley, "Forgiveness," Ensign, Nov. 2005, 81
Forgiveness is a my weakness. When I have been wronged and hurt, truly deeply, I will hold it against that person, for what feels like forever. It breaks my heart. I just have a problem. I don't know how to handle it. All I can do is pray for strength to forgive those that have wronged me if I want to be forgiven in the last day.

"Please don't nag yourself with thoughts of failure. Do not set goals far beyond your capacity to achieve. Simply do what you can do, in the best way you know, and the Lord will accept of your effort."
--Gordon B. Hinckley, "Rise to the Stature of the Divine within You," Ensign, Nov. 1989, 94
This brings me much peace. This quote helps me not feel like the failure I am. 

"As children of God we are somebody. He will build us, mold us, and magnify us if we will but hold our heads up, our arms out, and walk with him."
--Marvin J. Ashton, "In His Strength," Ensign, July 1973, 24
Best motto to live by. WE ARE SOMEBODY. We are brave. We are courageous with our Savior by our side.

No comments:

Post a Comment