Wednesday, June 15, 2011

If Only This Brain Would Shut Down.


in·som·ni·a/inˈsämnēə/

Noun: Habitual sleeplessness; inability to sleep.

I suffer.

False.

I believe the correct term is

noc·tur·nal/näkˈtərnl/

Adjective: Done, occurring, or active at night

Sleep is unattainable at night time.
Impossible.
My mind is racing at the speed of light.
I can't stop thinking about a boy I might lose due to stupidity.
How I might have single handedly destroyed something I really cared about.
How it might all be over.
But is it for the better?
What if this other proposal works out nicely?
What do I do?
I need to go on a drive with this young fellow.
Talk about what we both want.
Where we stand.
Why does he have to be on the other side of the country?
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
I don't like this.
But I don't take it back.
Not one bit.
No regrets.
Because you only live once.
And life is about taking chances and just...
Living.
And being a stupid teenager.
Which I am.

Oh the jumblings of my mind.
It will all work out.
I hope.
And I will have the best summer of my life.
Regardless of my current situation.

Now brain,
Please sleep.

Now.

And...

Shut off.

RIGHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTT

Now.

Dang it.
Still awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment