Saturday, June 4, 2011

I'm Growing Up Too Fast.

Wow.
I survived my junior year.
I'm alive.
And well.
WHAT IN THE WORLD???
How did this year go by so fast?
How is junior year already over?
I'm a senior?
My heart just dropped.
My belly flopped.
I'm still a sophomore.
I'm still a baby.
A little girl.
I'm five years old at heart.
How am I already a senior?

I'm freaking out here.
FREAKING OUT.

Tonight was graduation.
I watched every single one of my beloved seniors 
take that long walk and receive the diploma they had been waiting twelve years to get.
I cried.
A lot.
Going to school and not seeing
Matt,
Steve,
Emily,
Nate,
Cam,
Maddie,
or any of them...
It is going to kill me.
I am going to be the oldest.
The biggest.
Like I said before...
I'M A 5 YEAR OLD.
I can't handle this whole senior thing.

As I sat at graduation, I made myself a promise.
I will NOT waste a single moment of this next year.
I will live the best senior year any one has ever experienced.
Senioritis shall not overcome me.
I will be the best SBO ever.
I will love everyone.
I will go to EVERYTHING.
I will truly live this next year.
I will make every day worth while.
I will love unconditionally.

I almost can't wait.
It is going to be the best year of my life.

But for now,
it is summer.
And I shall love this warmth.
Embrace the whole no homework gig.
I will have the summer of a life time.

Then the best senior year ever.

And then I move out.

GAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I still have a year of childhood left.
I will love every second of it.
Mark my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment