Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Huzzah for an Email.

I got an e-mail today.
Not directly to me, but my Elder's little sister forwarded it me.
And let me tell you.
It was LONNNGGG over due.
Between the ACT today and helping at a cheer clinic
....lets just say, I have had an off day.
My brain is fried.
I am stressed.
This e-mail? Ya, it made my day.
Mainly because it is crazy to see how much he has changed.
In the best way possible.
He always... well... had a problem with humility.
That is why the Lord sent him to a third world country.
That is why he is sleeping under tin roofs and dirt floors.
He is being humbled.
It is the best thing for him.
In his e-mail, he included these two inspiring quotes:


The first step to walking in righteousness is simply to try. We must try to believe. Try to learn of God. Read the scriptures, study the words of the latter day prophet, choose to listen to the Father, and do the things he asks of us. Try and keep on trying until that which seems difficult becomes possible, and that which seems only possible becomes habit and real part of you. 
Dieter Uchtdorf

Dismiss the destructive, and keep dismissing it until the beauty of the Atonement of Christ has revealed to you your bright future of your family, your friends, and your neighbors. God doesn´t care nearly as much about where you have been as He does about where you are and, with his help, where you are willing to go... and every day ought to be the start of a new year, a new life. Such is the wonder of faith, repentance, and the miracle of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Jeffery R. Holland

Man... I am so proud to call him my missionary.
He is extraordinary :)
I am a lucky girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment